Saturday, June 2, 2012

Anthropologie Soaps and Bath Products

Its no secret that I am in love with Anthropologie and anything that they bring into their stores, I want. I thought it might be fun to do an update once in a while on all the new bath and body goodies that they bring in. 

Yarn Wound Soap. Made by Castelbel. Ttriple milled soaps made in Portugal. The packaging is truly fabulous but as far as the fragrances they just can't seem to win me over. But then again at that price, you cant seem to afford to put in the highest quality of perfumes.

Barr Co. The sister company of K Hall. I have always been a fan of K Hall, there are VERY few companies on the market that have spot-on fragrances and they are definitely one of them in my book. When they say Merengue, they really mean Merengue! What a novel concept idea ;-) In addition to the lovely fragrances, I love the packaging as well. Nothing beats glass in my book, it makes everything look sophisticated and eco-friendly as well.

Another one by Castelbel. Soaps from Portugal.

Lollia added a new body wash last season (as seen above in the tube). Everyone knows that their packaging is spot-on but when it comes to ingredients I would highly think twice before putting it on my body.

Mistral Soaps. My all-time favorite soaps of anyone out there. No one comes even close. I love their simple packaging, because that's exactly what they're all about... just insanely good smelling soaps that last forever and don't need anything else to make them any better.

And lastly Grown Under Glass (aka Anthropologie's private label bath products). I don't think Anthropologie can do any wrong, but in this case I am really not a fan. The packaging looks like there are weeds growing inside the bottle and the fragrances leave much more to be desired, I mean grapefruit, rose and lavender. Ground breaking stuff. 

I really don't meant to knock some of these products but I truly believe that if you're going to do something you have to make it different. Sure, lavender is a best selling fragrance in the world... but perhaps if we just kicked it up a notch to blueberry lavender... something amazing might come out of it... til next time


No comments: