Thursday, June 25, 2009

Anthropologie Soaps Revealed



Ahhh Anthropologie how I adore you! In fact I love this store sooo much that I visit it every single week (no joke - mostly either Sat or Sun). I know it may be a little crazy and maybe even a tiny bit pathetic but I can't help it! It's one of a very very few places that can make me happy no matter what mood I'm in. I LOVE how they burn different candles every time I go, I LOVE how they rotate their products every week, I LOVE how they decorate their walls and window displays with the most ordinary items arranged in the most incredible way and I LOVE the fact that they have a big comfy chair that I can sit in and read the prettiest cookbooks I have ever seen.

I have this dream that maybe one day they'll let me spend a whole week in their store (yes even the nights!) and that would just make me insanely happy but until then a girl can dream right?

For today's post I decided to do a little overview of Anthropologie's soaps (even though they're not as nice as ours :-)

Fiat Luxe Anthropologie Soap
So these guys are fairly new. At first I saw them on their website and I thought it was the craziest idea ever but I gotta say they have grown on me. And they look huge at the stores compared to the online photos. The lemony fragrance was my favorite.

Rose Anthropologie Soap
I haven't seen these in person yet, they were just posted on the website. Hopefully they'll be there this weekend. My favorite thing about them is actually the font on the box. I know it sounds silly but I really like it. I wonder if they smell good, anyone else seen them??

Sabonte Anthropologie Soap
Okay I have to admit that I am a fan of the packaging. When we were starting Uptown Soap I really wanted tin can containers but then we started thinking about how environment friendly they would be and nixed the idea. Although these guys look cute, I did play with all of them at the store (meaning the different fragrances) and I almost choked after smelling each one. Honestly, I am not saying this because I want to "squish the competition" because you guys know that my blog is mostly about other soap companies but I truly feel this way. The other reason I wasn't crazy about them is because they're ginormous!! I don't know anyone and I do mean ANYONE that has a soapdish that would fit a 12.34 oz bar of soap. Do you have an enormous soap dish? Comment below, we'd really like to find just one!

TokyoMilk Anthropologie Soap
Okay so TokyoMilk's been at my local Anthropologie stores for a while now and I'm really loving the glitter on the packaging. I can't remember if I liked what the soaps smell like but they sure look pretty. I am an everything asian fanatic, from the food to buddha statues, so they pretty much had me at their name. And if you didn't know this company is actually a sister company of Lollia.

Botanique Anthropologie Soap
I haven't done too much research on this company but they're also brand new to the site. Gotta love the black and white backgrounds, I wonder where they got that idea from :)

Chinoiserie Anthropologie Soap

Fleur de Lys Anthropologie Soap

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I actually love the Sabonete Aromatico soaps from Anthropologie. Despite their huge size, they fit fine on one of the little shelves inside my shower. I don't use them directly on my skin, so I don't have to worry about holding onto them while bathing (might be tricky). Also, I know what you mean about how strong they smell, but it is much better in the shower.

gwen said...

Hello there!
I was actually searching specifically for this soap when I stumbled upon your blog. The smells are delicious, and much more subtle when you're all washed and clean. Also the back side of these enormous soaps are ribbed, so it's almost like a massage bar! I re-use the tins when I have little presents for friends.
Thanks!